TOTAL REFERENCE LIST MSM 2015
Year : 2015 | Volume
| Issue : 1 | Page : 208-218
|Total Reference List MSM 2015
|Date of Web Publication||16-Mar-2015|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
Indian Womanhood: Some Psychological Concepts
Dhanalakshmi De Sousa and Avinash De Sousa [(p16-22)]
Looking Back at the Years 1970-1984: A Personal View
- Olff M, Langeland W, Draijer N, Gersons BP. Gender differences in posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychol Bull 2007;133:183-204.
- Poduval J, Poduval M. Working mothers: How much working, how much mothers, and where is the womanhood? Mens Sana Monogr 2009;7:63-79.
- Rahman Q. The neurodevelopment of human sexual orientation. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 2005;29:1057-66.
- Schulte-Rόther M, Markowitsch HJ, Shah NJ, Fink GR, Piefke M. Gender differences in brain networks supporting empathy. Neuroimage 2008;42:393-403.
- Singh AR. Woman. Mens Sana Monogr 2009;7:2.
- Singh SA. My close friends lurk all around the house, and he knows not! Mens Sana Monogr 2009;7:93-6.
Prakash V. Pradhan [(p23-30)]
Child: A Learning Model and a Bi-directional Phenomenon
- Bagadia VN, Abhyankar RR, Gopalani JH, Jagasia R, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. Maintenance therapy of schizophrenia. Indian J Psychiatry 1979;21:106-8.
- Bagadia VN, Ayyar KS, Dhawale KM, Pradhan PV. Treatment of 26 cases of male sexual dysfunction by behaviour modification techniques. Indian J Psychiatry 1983;25:29-33.
- Bagadia VN, Ayyar KS, Pradhan PV, et al. Life stress in dermatology out patients. Arch Indian Psychiatry 1998;4:47-9.
- Bagadia VN, Bhat R, Ghadiyali HN, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. A comparative double - Blind trial of pimozide and trifluperazine in maintenance treatment of schizophrenia. Indian J Psychiatry 1976;18:199-203.
- Bagadia VN, Bhat R, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. 'Piportial' injection (19552-RP) - A depot neuroleptic in schizophenia. Indian J Psychiatry 1979;21:259-61.
- Bagadia VN, Dave KP, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. A study of Male patients with sexual problems. Indian J Psychiatry 1972;14:143-51.
- Bagadia VN, Dhawle KM, Shah LP, Pradhan PV. Evaluation of disulfiram in the treatment of alcoholism. Indian J Psychiatry 1982;24:242-7.
- Bagadia VN, Ghadiali HN, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. A study of the effects of hospitalization on schizophrenic symptomatology. Neurol India 1973;21:209-12.
- Bagadia VN, Ghadiyali HN, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. Pimozide (R 6238) in schizophrenia. Indian J Psychiatry 1973;15:319-24.
- Bagadia VN, Gopalani J, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. Habitual Use of cannabis indica in psychiatric patients. Indian J Psychiatry 1976;18:141-6.
- Bagadia VN, Jeste DV, Charegaonkar AS, Pradhan PV, Shah LP. A psycho - Social study of 180 cases of epilepsy. Indian J Psychiatry 1973;15:391-401.
- Bagadia VN, Havaldar PP, Gada MT, Pradhan PV, Shah LP, Dhirwani MK. Diabetes mellitus - A psychosomatic study of 147 cases. J Postgrad Med 1973;21:17-29.
- Bagadia VN, Lakdawala PD, Pradhan PV, Mundra VK, Desai NK, Shah LP. Lithium in aggression. Indian J Psychiatry 1983;25:107-9.
- Bagadia VN, Mundra VK, Mistry PP, Pradhan PV. Chronic alcoholism: The responder on electrical aversion therapy. Indian J Psychiatry 1979;21:64-9.
- Bagadia VN, Pradhan PV, Olatwara M, Hirsch SR, Kato M, Vartanian FE, et al. In: World Health Organization, editor. Benzodiazepines and Therapeutic Counselling: Report from a WHO Collaborative Study. Geneva, Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag; 1988.
- Bagadia VN, Shah LP, Pradhan PV, Gada MT. A double blind controlled study of amoxapine and imipramine in cases of depression. Curr Ther Res 1979;26:417-29.
- Gada MT, Agrawal BR, Pradhan PV, Shah LP, Bagadia VN. Report from a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborative Centre for Psychopharmacology in India. Survey of antipsychotic drugs use. Psychopharmacol Bull 1983;19:778-80.
- Gada MT, Pradhan PV, Shah LP, Bagadia VN. Antidepressant drugs. Psychopharmacol Bull 1984;20:180-4.
- Pradhan PV, Agarwal BR, Munjal PD, et al. Hyperhidrosis - Psychiatric study and behaviour therapy. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 1984;50:134-6.
- Pradhan PV, Ayyar KS, Munjal PD, Gopalani JH, Mundra AV, Doshi J, et al. Obsessive compulsive neuroses: Treatment of 28 cases by behaviour therapy. Indian J Psychiatry 1984;26:71-5.
- Pradhan PV, Ayyar KS, Bagadia VN. Homosexuality: Treatment by behaviour modification. Indian J Psychiatry 1982a;24:80-3.
- Pradhan PV, Ayyar KS, Bagadia VN. Male homosexuality: A psychiatric study of thirteen cases. Indian J Psychiatry 1982b;24:182-6.
- Singh AR, Bagadia VN, Pradhan PV, Acharya VN. Death, dying and near death experience - Preliminary report on surveying the need and developing the method. Indian J Psychiatry 1988;30:299-306.
Priyvadan C. Shastri [(p31-47)]
Postgraduate Training in Psychiatry in India with Focus on Mumbai
- Emde RN, Gaensbauer TJ, Harmon RJ. Emotional expression in infancy: A biobehavioral study. Psychol Issues 1976;10:???. [(1, Monograph 37)].
- Feshbach S. Aggression. In: Mussen PH, editor. Carmichael's Manual of Child Psychology. 3 rd ed. New York: Wiley; 1970.
- Frank GH. The role of the family in the development of psychopathology. Psychol Bull 1965;64:191-205.
- Gewirtz JL. A learning analysis of the effects of normal situation, privation and deprivation on the acquisition of social motivation and attachment. In: Foss BM, editor. Determinants of Infant Behavior. Vol. 1. New York: Wiley; 1961.
- Gill DG. Violence Against Children. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press; 1970.
- Harper LV. The scope of offspring effects: From caregiver to culture. Psychol Bull 1975;82:784-801.
- Hoffman ML. Moral internalization, parental power, and the nature of parent-child interaction. Dev Psychol 1975;???:228-39.
- Leach PJ, Costello AJ. A twin study of infant-mother interaction. In: Monks FJ, Hartup WW, Dewwit J, editors. Determinants of Behavioral Development. New York: Academic Press; 1972.
- Levy DM. Behavioral Analysis: Analysis of Clinical Observations of Behavior as Applied to Mother-Newborn Relationship. Spingfield, III: Charles C. Thomas; 1958.
- Livingston RB. Brain circuitry relating to complex behavior. In: Quarton GC, Melnechuk T, Schmitt FO, editors. The Neurosciences. New York: Rockefeller University Press; 1967.
- Maccoby EE, Masters JC. Attachment and dependency. In: Mussen PH, editor. Carmichael's Manual of Child Psychology. 3 rd ed. New York: Wiley; 1970.
- Merrill B. A measurement of mother-child interaction. J Abnorm Psychol 1946;41:37-49.
- Mischel W. Sex-typing and socialization. In: Mussen PH, editor. Carmichael's Manual of Child Psychology. 3 rd ed. New York: Wiley; 1970.
- Osofsky JD, O'Connell EJ. Parent-child interaction: Daughters' effect upon mothers' and fathers' behaviours. Dev Psychol 1972;7:157-68.
- Rheingold HL, editor. Maternal Behaviour in Mammals. New York: Wiley; 1963.
- Schaefer ES. Parent-child interactional patterns and parental attitudes. In: Rosenthal D, editor. The Genain Quadruplets. New York: Basic Books; 1963.
- Trivers RL. Parent-offspring conflict. Am Zool 1974;14:249-64.
- Watson JS. The development and generalization of "contingency awareness" in early infancy: Some hypotheses. Merrill Palmer Q 1966;12:123-35.
- Wright HF. Recording and analyzing child behavior. New York: Harper & Row; 1967.
- Wolff PH. The developmental psychologies of Jean Piaget and psychoanalysis. Psychol Issues 1960;2:???.
Ramesh R. Patel [(p53-59)]
Psychiatric Thoughts in Ancient India
- Bhaskaran K. Undergraduate training in psychiatry and behavioural sciences-the need to train the trainers. Indian J Psychiatry 1990;32:1-3.
- Dale JT, Bhavsar V, Bhugra D. Undergraduate medical education of Psychiatry in the West. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:166-8.
- Gopinath PS, Kaliaperumal VG. Comparative study of different assessment methods for postgraduate training in Psychiatry: A preliminary study. Indian J Psychiatry 1979;21:153-4.
- Indian Psychiatric Society. First Report of the subcommittee on Undergraduate Teaching in Psychiatry. Indian J Psychiatry 1965;7:63-72.
- Kulhara P. General hospital in postgraduate psychiatric training and research. Indian J Psychiatry 1984;26:281-5.
- Kulhara P. Postgraduate psychiatric teaching centres: Findings of a survey. Indian J Psychiatry 1985;27:221-6.
- MCI. Medical Council of India Salient Features of Postgraduate Medical Education Regulations, 2000. Amended up to May, 2013. Available from: http://www.mciindia.org/RulesandRegulations/PGMedicalEducationRegulations2000.aspx. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 18].
- Murthy RS, Khandelwal S. Undergraduate training in Psychiatry: World perspective. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:169-74.
- Sethi BB. Indian psychiatric society. Indian J Psychiatry 1978;20:197.
- Sharma S. Psychiatry as a Speciality. Paper Read during the Symposium on Postgraduate Training in Psychiatry. 28 th Annual Conference of the Indian Psychiatric Society Held at Nagpur; Feb, 1976.
- Sharma S. Postgraduate Training in Psychiatry in India. London: The Bulletin of the Royal College of Psychiatrists; 1979. p. 154-6.
- Sharma SD. General hospital psychiatry and undergraduate medical education. Indian J Psychiatry 1984;26:259-63.
- Sharma S. Postgraduate training in psychiatry in India. Indian J Psychiatry 2010;52:S89-94.
- Tharyan A, Datta S, Kuruvilla K. Undergraduate training in psychiatry an evaluation. Indian J Psychiatry 1992;34:370-2.
- Thirunavukarasu M, Thirunavukarasu P. Retrospective introspection. Indian J Psychiatry 2009;51:85-7.
- Trivedi JK, Dhyani M. Undergraduate psychiatric education in South Asian countries. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:163-5.
- WHO. Atlas More Details: Psychiatric Education and Training across the World 2005. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 2005.
Ravi Abhyankar [(p60-70)]
Jaina Religion and Psychiatry
- Gupta SP. Psychopathology in Indian Medicine - Ayurveda. 1 st ed. Aligarh: Ajay Publishers; 1977. p. 223.
- Neki JS. Psychotherapy in India: past, present, and future. Am J Psychother 1975;29:92-100.
- Vaillant GE, Vaillant CO. Normality and mental health. In: Sadock BJ, Sadock VA, editors. Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. 8 th ed., Vol. 1. Baltimore: Lippincot Williams & Wilkins; 2005. p. 583-98.
- Verma LP. Psychiatry in ayurveda. Indian J Psychiatry 1965;7:292.
- Verma LP. Yoga, meditation & mysticism. Indian J Psychiatry 1979;21:293-304.
- Venkoba Rao A. Gita & mental sciences. Indian J Psychiatry 1980;22:19-31.
Manilal Gada [(p71-82)]
Psychiatry and Law: Past, Present and Future
- Vijay B. Guidelines of Jainism. [Original in Gujarati, translated by Ramappa K.]. 1 st ed. Mehsana: Sri Vishwa Kalyan Prakashan Trust; 1986. p. 22-33.
- Vijay B. Guidelines of Jainism. [Original in Gujarati, translated by Ramappa K.]. 1 st ed. Mehasana: Sri Vishwa Kalyan Prakashan Trust; 1986. p. 52-60.
- Vijay B. Guidelines of Jainism. [Original in Gujarati, translated by Ramappa K.]. 1 st ed. Mehsana: Sri Vishwa Kalyan Prakashan Trust; 1986. p. 122-3.
- Vijay B. Guidelines of Jainism. [Original in Gujarati, translated by Ramappa K.]. 1 st ed. Mehsana: Sri Vishwa Kalyan Prakashan Trust; 1986. p. 138-42.
- Galia C. Glimpses of Jainism and Teaching of Lord Mahavir. 1 st ed. Mumbai: Galia Hiten; 2002. p. 1-5.
- Maharaj, Rajsekharsuriji AV. The Doctrines of Jainism. 2 nd ed. Mahesana: Shrimad Yashovijayji Jain Sanskrut Pathshala; 1999. p. 56.
- Suriji, Kirtichandra AS. Jainism in a Nutshell. 1 st ed. Original in Gujarati, translated in English by Shah BC, Shah NT. Mumbai: Shah BC & Shah NT; 1988. p. 30-1.
- Suriji, Kirtichandra AS. Jainism in a Nutshell. 1 st ed. Original in Gujarati, translated in English by Shah BC, Shah NT. Mumbai: Shah BC & Shah NT; 1988. p. 39-45.
- Suriji, Kirtichandra AS. Jainism in a Nutshell. 1 st ed. Original in Gujarati, translated in English by Shah BC, Shah NT. Mumbai: Shah BC & Shah NT; 1988. p. 64-5.
- Sethia KN. Shri Samayik Pratikaman Sutra. Mumbai: Sethia KN; 1985. p. 205-11.
- Sethia KN. Shri Samayik Pratikaman Sutra. Mumbai: Sethia KN; 1985. p. 235-6.
- Sethia KN Shri Samayik Pratikaman Sutra. Mumbai: Sethia KN; 1985. p. 240.
Ravindra M. Kamath [(p106-114)]
Modern Parenthood through the Eyes of a Psychiatrist
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee, 1957. 1 WLR 582. Full Act. Available from: http://www.oxcheps.new.ox.ac.uk/casebook/Resources/BOLAMV_1%20DOC.pdf, Available from: http://www.e-lawresources.co.uk/Bolam-v--Friern-Hospital-Management-Committee.php. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The United Nations. Available from: http://www.un.org/disabilities/convention/conventionfull.shtml. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- Kamath R. Attempt to commit suicide sec. 309 (Indian Penal Code) - Law, claw or flaw. Indian J Psychiatry 1998;40:75.
- Rautroy S. Passive mercy euthanasia with limits. The Telegraph. 8 th March, 2011. Available from: http://www.telegraphindia.com/archives/archive.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Consumer Protection Act of 1986, Act No. 68 of 1986. Bare Act. Available from: http://www.ncdrc.nic.in/1_1.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Family Courts Act, 1984: Act No. 66 of 1984. The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section I; Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs (Legislative Department). Available from: http://www.vakilno1.com/bareacts/familycourtsact1984/familycourtsact1984.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Juvenile Justice Act, 1986: Act No. 53 of 1986. Bare Act. Available from: http://www.icf.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/THE%20JUVENILE%20JUSTICE%20ACT.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of children) Act, 2000: Act No. 12 of 2011. Bare Act. Available from: https://www.nls.ac.in/ccl/jjdocuments/mahjj.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Maintenance and Welfare of Senior Citizens Act 2007, Act No. 56 of 2007. Bare Act. Available from: http://www.dc-siwan.bih.nic.in/senior_citizens_act.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985: Act No. 61 of 1985. The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section I; Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department). Available from: http://www.icf.indianrailways.gov.in/uploads/files/Narcotic%20drugs.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (Amendment) Act, 2014: Act No. 16 of 2014. The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section I; Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department). Available from: http://www.indiacode.nic.in/acts2014/16%20of%202014.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The National trust for welfare of persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities Act 1999, Act No. 44 0f 1999. Bare Act. Available from: http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/bare_acts/National-Trust-for-Welfare-of-Persons-with-Autism-Cerebral-Palsy-Mental-Retardation-and-Multiple-Disabilities-Act-723.asp. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995: Act No. 1 of 1996. The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II-Section I; Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affairs (Legislative Department). Available from: http://www.vikaspedia.in/social-welfare/differently-abled-welfare/disabilitiesrules1996. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
- The Right of Persons with Disabilities Bill; 2014. Available from: http://www.prsindia.org/billtrack/the-right-of-persons-with-disabilities-bill-2014-3122. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 23].
Manoj Bhatawdekar [(p126-134)]
Invest in Family
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5 th ed. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013. p. 31-86.
- Kahlil G. The greatest works of Kahlil Gibran. In: Zadra D, editor. Book One (The Prophet). Mumbai: Jaico Publishing; 1991. p. 13-4.
- Maslow AH. A theory of human motivation. Psychol Rev 1943;50:370-96. Available from: http://www.psychclassics.yorku.ca/Maslow/motivation.htm. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 14].
- Tagore Rabindranath. BrainyQuote.com. Available from: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rabindrana104535.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 14].
Nilesh Shah and Avinash De Sousa [(p135-143)]
Crime and Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for the Classification of Psychiatric Disorders. 4 th ed. Text Revised. (DSM-IVTR). Arlington: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2000.
- Avasthi A. Preserve and strengthen family to promote mental health. Indian J Psychiatry 2010;52:113-26.
- DiGrande L, Neria Y, Brackbill RM, Pulliam P, Galea S. Long-term posttraumatic stress symptoms among 3,271 civilian survivors of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center. Am J Epidemiol 2011;173:271-81.
- Dolbin-Macnab ML, Keiley MK. Navigating interdependence: How adolescents raised solely by grandparents experience their family relations. Fam Relat 2009;58:162-75.
- Ernst JM, Cacioppo JT. Lonely hearts: Psychological perspectives on loneliness. Appl Prev Psychol 1999;1:1-22.
- Stevenson A, Waite M [Eds]. Concise Oxford English Dictionary. 12 th Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2011.
- Sethi BB. Family as a potential therapeutic force. Indian J Psychiatry 1989;31:22-30.
- World Health Organization. Promotion and Prevention of Mental Health. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002.
Yusuf Matcheswalla and Avinash De Sousa [(p144-150)]
The role of a Psychiatric Society: Aligning our aims to needs of the community [(p157-165)]
- Bonnie RJ. Political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union and in China: Complexities and controversies. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 2002;30:136-44.
- Farrington DP, Welsh BC. Saving Children from a Life of Crime: Early Risk Factors and Effective Interventions. London: Oxford University Press; 2006.
- Fazel S, Lεngstrφm N, Hjern A, Grann M, Lichtenstein P. Schizophrenia, substance abuse, and violent crime. JAMA 2009;301:2016-23.
- Fisher CE, Lieberman JA. Getting the facts straight about gun violence and mental illness: Putting compassion before fear. Ann Intern Med 2013;159:423-4.
- Golightley M. Social Work and Mental Health. London: Learning Matters; 2014. p. 22-43.
- Green JG, McLaughlin KA, Berglund PA, Gruber MJ, Sampson NA, Zaslavsky AM, et al. Childhood adversities and adult psychiatric disorders in the national comorbidity survey replication I: Associations with first onset of DSM-IV disorders. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2010;67:113-23.
- Hamden A, Newton R, McCauley-Elsom K, Cross W. Is deinstitutionalization working in our community? Int J Ment Health Nurs 2011;20:274-83.
- Kelly TM, Daley DC, Douaihy AB. Treatment of substance abusing patients with comorbid psychiatric disorders. Addict Behav 2012;37:11-24.
- Lamberti JS, Weisman RL, Schwarzkopf SB, Price N, Ashton RM, Trompeter J. The mentally ill in jails and prisons: Towards an integrated model of prevention. Psychiatr Q 2001;72:63-77.
- McNeill F. What works and what's just? Eur J Probat 2009;1:21-40.
- Mulder RT. Antisocial personality disorder. CNS Drugs 1996;5:257-63.
- Paris J. Borderline Personality Disorder: A Multidimensional Approach. New York: American Psychiatric Publishing; 1994.
- Pickard H, Fazel S. Substance abuse as a risk factor for violence in mental illness: Some implications for forensic psychiatric practice and clinical ethics. Curr Opin Psychiatry 2013;26:349-54.
- Rai AK, Mathew KJ, Bhattacharjee D. Mental health promotion in India: A critical analysis. Int J Health Sci Res 2014;4:296-307.
- Samuels J. Personality disorders: epidemiology and public health issues. Int Rev Psychiatry 2011;23:223-33.
- Skeem JL, Manchak S, Peterson JK. Correctional policy for offenders with mental illness: Creating a new paradigm for recidivism reduction. Law Hum Behav 2011;35:110-26.
- Smith MR, Alpert GP. Explaining police bias a theory of social conditioning and illusory correlation. Crim Justice Behav 2007;34:1262-83.
- Steinert T, Lepping P, Bernhardsgrόtter R, Conca A, Hatling T, Janssen W, et al. Incidence of seclusion and restraint in psychiatric hospitals: A literature review and survey of international trends. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2010;45:889-97.
- Torrey EF. Violence and schizophrenia. Schizophr Res 2006;88:3-4.
- Trull TJ, Jahng S, Tomko RL, Wood PK, Sher KJ. Revised NESARC personality disorder diagnoses: Gender, prevalence, and comorbidity with substance dependence disorders. J Pers Disord 2010;24:412-26.
- Volavka J, Citrome L. Pathways to aggression in schizophrenia affect results of treatment. Schizophr Bull 2011;37:921-9.
- Walsh E, Buchanan A, Fahy T. Violence and schizophrenia: Examining the evidence. Br J Psychiatry 2002;180:490-5.
- Watson A, Hanrahan P, Luchins D, Lurigio A. Mental health courts and the complex issue of mentally ill offenders. Psychiatr Serv 2001;52:477-81.
Henal R. Shah
Mumbai Psychiatry: Current Obstacles*
- Ahmed S. Alarm at Mumbai's Teenage Suicide Trend. BBC News, Mumbai; 1 February, 2010. Available from: http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8473515.stm. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 27].
- Aseltine RH Jr, DeMartino R. An outcome evaluation of the SOS Suicide Prevention Program. Am J Public Health 2004;94:446-51.
- Bennett NL, Davis DA, Easterling WE Jr, Friedmann P, Green JS, Koeppen BM, et al. Continuing medical education: A new vision of the professional development of physicians. Acad Med 2000;75:1167-72.
- Bouch J. Continuing professional development for psychiatrists: CPD and training. Adv Psychiatr Treat 2006;12:159-61.
- Chamberlain J, McDonagh R, Lalonde A, Arulkumaran S. The role of professional associations in reducing maternal mortality worldwide. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2003;83:94-102.
- Chandra PS, Doraiswamy P, Padmanabh A, Philip M. Do newspaper reports of suicides comply with standard suicide reporting guidelines? A study from Bangalore, India. Int J Soc Psychiatry 2014;60:687-94.
- Ghosh AK. Organizing an effective continuous medical education session. J Assoc Physicians India 2008;56:533-8.
- Hawton K, Saunders KE, O'Connor RC. Self-harm and suicide in adolescents. Lancet 2012 23;379:2373-82.
- Medical Council of India. Code of Medical Ethics Regulations 2002 (amended upto December 2009). Available from: http://www.mciindia.org/RulesandRegulations/CodeofMedicalEthicsRegulations2002.aspx. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 27].
- Katz C, Bolton SL, Katz LY, Isaak C, Tilston-Jones T, Sareen J, et al. A systematic review of school-based suicide prevention programs. Depress Anxiety 2013;30:1030-45.
- Mann JJ, Apter A, Bertolote J, Beautrais A, Currier D, Haas A, et al. Suicide prevention strategies: A systematic review. JAMA 2005;294:2064-74.
- Mukherji A. Student suicides soar 26% in 5 years, education system blamed. The Times of India; 2 November, 2011. Available from: http://www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Student-suicides-soar-26-in-5-years-education-system-blamed/articleshow/10573202.cms. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 27].
- Preventing Suicide: A Global Imperative, World Health Organization; 2014. Available from: http://www.who.int/mental_health/suicide-prevention/world_report_2014/en/. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 27].
- Schwartz JS. The role of professional medical societies in reducing practice variations. Health Aff (Millwood) 1984;3:90-101.
- Scott JM, Rachlow JL, Lackey RT. The science-policy interface: What is an appropriate role for professional societies. BioScience 2008;58:865-9.
- Shah H. Psychosocial aspects of academic failure in children. Health Adm 2005; XVII:34-7.
- Singh AR, Singh SA. Towards a suicide free society: Identify suicide prevention as public health policy. Mens Sana Monogr 2004;2:21-33.
- Trilogi WFME. Basic Medical Education WFME Global Standards for Quality Improvement. Global Standards in Post Graduate Medical Education, Global Standards in CPD. WFME Office. Denmark: University of Copenhagen; 2003. Available from: http://www.wfme.org/standards/cpd/16-continuing-professional-development-cpd-of-medical-doctors-english/file. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 02].
- van Rensburg AB. Contributions from the South African Society of Psychiatrists (SASOP) to the National Mental Health Action Plan. S Afr J Psychol 2013;19:205-12.
Sanjay V. Bagadia [(p172-180)]
Changing Medical Students' Attitudes to Psychiatry through Newer Teaching Techniques
- Engel GL. The need for a new medical model: A challenge for biomedicine. Science 1977;196:129-36.
- Delhi High Court. Naz Foundation versus Govt. Of NCT of Delhi and Others; Judgement Dated; July 2, 2009. WP[c] No.7455/2001. Available from: http://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/100472805. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 13].
- Mediclaim 2012 Policy Document. What are excluded under this Policy; 126.96.36.199. UIN: IRDA/NL-HLT/NIA/P-H/V.I/330/13-14. IRDA, GOI. Available from: http://www.newindia.co.in/downloads/Mediclaim-2012-Policy-Document.pdf. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 13].
- MHRD. Right to education. RTE Act and Article 21-A Right of Children to free and compulsory education Act-2009, Ministry of HRD-GOI. Available from: http://www.mhrd.gov.in/rte. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 13].
- Section 377 of IPC. Unnatural offences. Central Govt Act. Available from: http://www.indiankanoon.org/doc/1836974. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 13].
- Singh AR. The task before psychiatry today redux: STSPIR. Mens Sana Monogr 2014;12: 35-70.
- Telegraph. Mumbai votes to increase alcohol age limit. Dated; Jun 2, 2011. Available from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8552279/Mumbai-votes-to-increase-alcohol-age-limit.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 13].
Ajita Nayak [(p181-187)]
Blueprint for an Indian Nobel Laureate in Psychiatry
- Amini H, Moghaddam Y, Nejatisafa AA, Esmaeili S, Kaviani H, Shoar S, et al. Senior medical students' attitudes toward psychiatry as a career choice before and after an undergraduate psychiatry internship in Iran. Acad Psychiatry 2013;37:196-201.
- Baxter H, Singh SP, Standen P, Duggan C. The attitudes of 'tomorrow's doctors' towards mental illness and psychiatry: Changes during the final undergraduate year. Med Educ 2001;35:381-3.
- Fischel T, Manna H, Krivoy A, Lewis M, Weizman A. Does a clerkship in psychiatry contribute to changing medical students' attitudes towards psychiatry? Acad Psychiatry 2008;32:147-50.
- Gleason MM, Fritz GK. Innovative training in pediatrics, general psychiatry, and child psychiatry: Background, outcomes, and experiences. Acad Psychiatry 2009;33:99-104.
- Gulati P, Das S, Chavan BS. Impact of psychiatry training on attitude of medical students toward mental illness and psychiatry. Indian J Psychiatry 2014;56:271-7.
- Kallivayalil RA. The importance of psychiatry in undergraduate medical education in India. Indian J Psychiatry 2012;54:208-16.
- Kelly B, Raphael B, Byrne G. The evaluation of teaching in undergraduate psychiatric education: Students' attitudes to psychiatry and the evaluation of clinical competency. Med Teach 1991;13:77-87.
- Konwar R, Pardal PK, Prakash J, Rythem. Does psychiatry rotation in undergraduate curriculum bring about a change in the attitude of medical student toward concept and practice of psychiatry: A comparative analysis. Ind J Psychiatry 2012;21:144-7.
- Lingeswaran A. Psychiatric curriculum and its impact on the attitude of Indian undergraduate medical students and interns. Indian J Psychol Med 2010;32:119-27.
- Lyons Z. Impact of the psychiatry clerkship on medical student attitudes towards psychiatry and to psychiatry as a career. Acad Psychiatry 2014;38:35-42.
- Malhi GS, Parker GB, Parker K, Carr VJ, Kirkby KC, Yellowlees P, et al. Attitudes toward psychiatry among students entering medical school. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2003;107:424-9.
- McNaughton N, Ravitz P, Wadell A, Hodges BD. Psychiatric education and simulation: A review of the literature. Can J Psychiatry 2008;53:85-93.
- McNeilly DP, Wengel SP. The "ER" seminar: Teaching psychotherapeutic techniques to medical students. Acad Psychiatry 2001;25:193-200.
- Mental Health Atlas. Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2011.
- Murthy RS, Khandelwal S. Undergraduate training in psychiatry: World perspective. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:169-74.
- Ndetei DM, Khasakhala L, Ongecha-Owuor F, Kuria M, Mutiso V, Syanda J, et al. Attitudes toward psychiatry: A survey of medical students at the University of Nairobi, Kenya. Acad Psychiatry 2008;32:154-9.
- O'Sullivan P, Chao S, Russell M, Levine S, Fabiny A. Development and implementation of an objective structured clinical examination to provide formative feedback on communication and interpersonal skills in geriatric training. J Am Geriatr Soc 2008;56:1730-5.
- Patel V. The epidemiology of common mental disorders in South Asia. NIMHANS J 1999;17:207-327.
- Reddy IR. Undergraduate psychiatry education: Present scenario in India. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:157-8.
- Rodrigo A, Wijesinghe C, Kuruppuarachchi K. Changes in attitudes toward psychiatry with introduction of a new curriculum: Experiences of a Sri Lankan medical school. Sir Lanka J Psychiatry 2012;3:14-6.
- Sinha SK, Kaur J. National mental health programme: Manpower development scheme of eleventh five-year plan. Indian J Psychiatry 2011;53:261-5.
- Wood DF. Problem based learning. BMJ 2003;326:328-30.
Ajai R. Singh [(p188-208)]
- Agre P. How to win the Nobel Prize? PLoS Biol 2006;4:e333. Available from: http://www.journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.0040333. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- All Nobel Laureates in Physiology or Medicine. Nobelprize.org. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Altman LA, Wade N. One of 3 Chosen for Nobel in Medicine Died Days Ago. Published: N Y Times; October 3, 2011. Available from: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/04/science/04nobel.html?_r=3&. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- Bhagavad Gita. Ch. 2, Verse 47. Available from: http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-02-46.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Bishop JM. How to Win the Nobel Prize: An Unexpected Life in Science. Cambridge: Harvard University Press; 2003.
- BBC.com. Nobel Prizes: Is there a Secret Formula to Winning One? October 8, 2012. Available from: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20121008-winning-formula-for-nobel-prizes. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- CNN.com. How to Win a Nobel Prize. October 5, 2006. Available from: http://www.edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/10/04/shortcuts.nobelprize/index.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- Doherty P. The Beginner's Guide to Winning the Nobel Prize: A Life in Science. New York: Columbia University Press; 2006.
- Esaki L. How to Win a Nobel Prize. Available from: http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/166195.article. [Last accessed 2001 Dec 21].
- Frδngsmyr T. Alfred Nobel - Life and Philosophy. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences; March 26, 1996. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/biographical/articles/frangsmyr/. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 02].
- Halling C. How to Win a Nobel Prize. Available from http://www.ehow.com/how_7348206_win-nobel-prize.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Holt J. Exit, Pursued by a Lobster. Jean-Paul Sartre: Brilliant Philosopher, or Totalitarian Apologist? September 22, 2003. Slate (The Washington Post Company). Available from: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/egghead/2003/09/exit_pursued_by_a_lobster.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 02].
- Kandel E. In Search of Memory: The Emergence of a New Science of Mind. New York: W. W. Norton; 2006.
- Mashelkar RA. What will it Take for A Resident Indian to Win a Nobel Prize? January 15, 2006 Business Standard. Available from: http://www.archives.digitaltoday.in/businesstoday/20060115/columns19.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Mullis K Dancing Naked in the Mind Field. New York: Pantheon Books; 1998.
- Nobelprize.org. Full Text of Alfred Nobel's Will. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/will-full.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Jan 02].
- Nobel Laureates and Research Affiliations. Nobelprize.org. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/lists/universities.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Nominations for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. In: Facts on the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/facts/medicine. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Φsterling A, Anouncement; 1964. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/1964/press.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 04].
- Piepenbring D. How to Win the Nobel Prize. The Paris Review; October 9, 2014. Available from: http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2014/10/09/how-to-win-the-nobel-prize/. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- Press Release. The Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute; October 9, 2000. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2000/press.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Press Release. The Nobel Assembly at the Karolinska Institute. October 6, 2014. Available from: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2014/press.html. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Research Excellence Framework. REF; 2014. Available from: http://www.ref.ac.uk [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Singh AR. The task before psychiatry today. Indian J Psychiatry 2007;49:60-5. Singh AR. Psychiatry's Catch 22, Need For Precision, And Placing Schools In Perspective. Mens Sana Monogr 2013;11:42-58.
- Singh AR. The Task before Psychiatry Today Redux: STSPIR*. Mens Sana Monogr 2014;12: 35-70.
- Singh AR, Singh SA. Notes on a few issues in the philosophy of psychiatry. Mens Sana Monogr 2009;7:128-83.
- Singh AR, Singh SA. Notes on a few issues in the philosophy of psychiatry. Mens Sana Monogr 2009;7:128-83.
- Spoon M. How do you Win a Nobel Prize? At Howstuffworks. Available from: http://science.howstuffworks.com/dictionary/awards-organizations/win-nobel-prize.htm. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 02].
- Tahir D. Shayari Online. Available from: http://www.paperpkblog.com/shayari/dastur-ibadat-ka-duniya-se-nirala-ho-dalip-tahir. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- University Grants Commission. Major and Minor Research Projects. Available from: http://www.nstmis-dst.org/Directory/UGC.htm. [Last accessed on 2015 Feb 03].
- Watson J. The Double Helix: A Personal Account of the Discovery of the Structure of DNA. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson; 1968.
| Article Access Statistics|
| Viewed||4468 |
| Printed||62 |
| Emailed||0 |
| PDF Downloaded||55 |
| Comments ||[Add] |